Psychics And Mediums
For the sake of this post, I’m going to lump these two together and let’s call them ‘readers’. I’ll discuss the difference at a later date. I’ve collected some red flags as far as readers go. Hopefully this list can help you figure out whether your reader is legit and also help you choose a new reader.
- If the reader tells you that you are cursed or possessed they are probably a fake. They are most definitely a fake if they then follow with an offer to ‘clean’ you of a curse or entity for additional money.
- If they look down their nose at you for your trauma or past that they discover during a reading. True readers are there to serve your highest good and shaming is shitty and wrong.
- They tell you that you have some disease and they will clear it from you for additional funds.
- They tell you that your fate is sealed, there’s nothing you can do. Life is fluid and our courses change all the time.
- If they give you a specific date you will die, get married, have a child, etc. Or if they guarantee anything 100% will happen.
- If they pressure you to get more readings soon after that one.
- If the whole session is rainbows and butterflies, they are most likely telling you what you want to hear vs what Spirit does; tell you what you NEED to hear.
- If they give you names of your Spirit Guides. That’s a hard pass for me. Your Spirit Guides are VERY personal and that connection is sacred. Your relationship with your Spirit Guides is your responsibility.
Let’s first make sure that we know the difference between an attuned energy worker and one that is not.
When you take an energy worker class, such as Reiki, you are attuned by the Reiki Master or whatever equivalent in a particular modality would be. The Reiki Master attunes the students during the class. This means that the student has had energy work done to them to allow Universal Source Energy flow through them to their clients. Someone that is doing energy work that is not attuned to any particular modality is flowing their own energy through to the client. This unattuned practitioner is flowing all their energy (good and bad) to the client. This creates energy work that is ‘dirty’ and can cause more damage than good.
Here are some ways to make sure that you get a legitimate, attuned energy worker.
- Go to organization sites to find a certified practitioner that has had their lineage verified. https://www.reiki.org/ https://iarp.org/
- Ask your prospective practitioner for their certification proof and lineage. Check with the Reiki Master that they list to make sure that the practitioner is legitimate as well as making sure the Reiki Master is real.
- Trust your gut. If you feel uncomfortable, cancel the session.
This blog post is not meant to discourage you from seeking psychic mediums and/or energy workers for guidance and healing. I truly want to share information that I’ve gathered so that you don’t have to make the same mistakes as I did and can be informed going into new experiences.